Found an injured animal?

What to do if you find an injured animal.

Is it a domestic animal or pet?

i.e. a cat, dog, pet rabbit, guinea pig etc

If you have found an injured domestic animal or pet, contact the RSPCA. The RSPCA has a 24 hour cruelty phoneline, which you can also use to report an injured animal.

Is it a wild animal?

i.e. a hedgehog, fox, wild bird etc

Within office hours

Call us, South Yorkshire Animal Rescue, on 0114 234 9656 (office hours only). Our answerphone gives recorded information, out of hours.

We can provide advice and guidance on how to care for an injured wild animal, and how to get further help.

Outside office hours

Some vets practices are open after hours and many will provide free care for injured wild animals.  Within Sheffield the following vets practices work with SYAR and will provide veterinary care for injured wild animals.

Broomhill Veterinary Practice
Crookes Road, Sheffield

Highfield Veterinary Centre
London Road, Sheffield

Vets4Pets practices are also open outside office hours. Within Sheffield there are branches at Wadsley Bridge, Millhouses, Birley Moor and Drakehouse. There are also branches in Rotherham and Stocksbridge.

Comments are closed.